Thursday, February 27, 2014

Weirdo

Sometimes when I am up and  hours I get to thinking about ridiculous things. Sorry I haven't written anything in a while btw, Masters degrees aren't easy.

Anyway if you follow me with any regularity you know I like video games and such. I also get crushes on make believe characters too, in case you didn't know. Like, for example, I'll see an anime character and think "wow, what a babe". Believe it or not it isn't really that unusual these days but I always think to myself I'm being a little silly to find lines and ink in unrealistic proportions to be sexy.

I am also using rosetta stone to learn Japanese, I think I have an advantage to that because all the anime I watch with subtitles, and the manga I read. In case you don't know manga are Japanese comics. I like personality really so I think that's the gist when it comes to finding fictional characters attractive. It's at least somewhat excusable when they are live action movies because the actors and actresses are real people.

I can feel less awkward about the fact that I have had the hots for David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson since I was six or seven years old. The list of the famous people I had a crush on in my youth is pretty funny I liked Michael Jackson for a while, and David Bowie, that fella that played the green/white ranger in the Power Rangers, Keanu Reeves, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett, Sigourney Weaver. There were others I'm sure.

Oh yea, back to the game thing. I got a PS3 from The Man for Xmas, and a few games. I beat Epic Mickey, and started playing a game called Ar Tonelico Quoga: Knell of Ciel. It is amazingly fan servicey and brilliantly colorful. It's this odd combination of action adventure RPG and dating sim. The story is intriguing and the fan service is built in to the game as it pertains largely to battle. I have not beaten it yet, but I will soon. I also beat my Ds game Atelier Annie 2 more times, I love that game.

I have recently watched many animes and read any related manga, Fruits basket, Angel Beats, Full Metal Alchemist, Ouran High School Host Club, Kamisama Kiss, Inu x Boku SS, Haganai, Nyan Koi, and Maria Holic. 56 episodes in on Bleach and reading the manga behind. Also, started cross stitching the Ouroboros from FMA with the state alchemist symbol in the middle.

On top of that researching and finding things for the haunt and helping The Man create plaster molds for haunt prosthetics. Today, I sculpted a small facial deformity while watching Bleach. I really have too many hobbies don't I? It is my week vacation between class sets so I have been trying to squeeze in as much fun as I can.
Let me share some pictures with you!

Above is my deformity sculpture the picture isn't so great and this was before I finished sculpting it. :D
Two pictures from Ar tonelico, something funny and something fan servicey.
I drew this on our white board when I was watching FMA, I'm not used to drawing vertically or On that medium but I think it came out, okay.
A picture I drew as an idea.
The Image I am trying to replicate in cross stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment