Thursday, August 14, 2014

Remembering


When I read that Robin Williams died it actually had a huge impact on me. I've never met him, I don't know him personally, but I loved him. I grew up watching so many of his movies and I haven't seen many I didn't like. He reminds me a lot of my father and I looked up to him.

I keep tearing up knowing that he is gone. So many people probably think it's an over reaction. He was just a famous person I didn't know personally. He made me laugh. He brightened my days. He made my life easier to live. He inspired me to try and be a better person. I aspire to have an impact like Robin Williams had on the world.

On that same side he was a person like the rest of us and he struggled with his own demons. Maybe madness comes with true brilliance like his. I wish I could have met him, could have known him personally, I always kind of hoped I would. I'll never have the chance to know him now because he's gone. I respect him and his memory and I am greatly saddened by the loss.

I keep reading that he was battling depression, and the unfortunate circumstance of his death, and  I think to myself what a wonderful human being. Despite how he felt on the inside he made others laugh and brought them great emotions through his films. I'm having a difficult time expressing how I feel about his death. For me I feel as though a beloved family member has passed away, I can't imagine it hurting any more if it was my goofy uncle or loving father, unless maybe it was both.

Tears now stream down my face as I can grieve in private and not feel judged by my house mates for "Crying over a movie star". I never saw him as just a movie star or comedian. Despite never having met him I loved him, and it hurts me greatly he is gone. I am sad he could no longer bear the burden of his emotions, of his inner demons. It will help drive me through my Master's degree program with renewed vigor. Did you know I am studying psychology? I want to help people. I want to ease the burdens people bear alone. I want to soothe their demons. I want to strengthen their resolve, excite their good emotions, and calm their bad ones... I want to help people.

Maybe I will help people in the future like Robin Williams helped me. I hope that I can help abuse victims specifically. On a serious note about Yours Truly, I have been abused in my past, neglected, depressed, with nothing to lose. When my life was darkest I always had laughter, and Robin Williams was one of the lights that helped me become who I am today.I keep this humorous blog because I aspire to make people laugh. I don't think I will ever make up for the loss of such a great person, but I hope to one day be just as great. I hope I will have as big an impact as he did. I hope that when I die there will be people I've never met crying over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment