Sunday, July 29, 2012

Beating Your Siblings Right

These look familiar right? Everyone seen twizzlers? I grew up with 4 younger sisters and for most of my life I had a younger step brother too. So I was basically the eldest child of 6. As the eldest I was not allowed to hit them. They could torment me all they wanted and I was not allowed to touch them, even in defense of myself.


Ever seen one of these? This is a twizzler welt. When I was a happy early teen (they call that tween now, right?) I used to babysit. I was allowed to spend my money however I chose. To a young teen in the 90's money was the joy of life. CASH was the world to you as a teen in the 90's, especially if you had siblings.
It meant you owned the world and had power over your siblings to make them do whatever you wanted. In my house a deal was a deal if you made one-regardless of what the deal was-it was fair because you agreed to it. Do you see where this is going yet?

Once after babysitting and having cash I was trying to think of some new and creative way to find amusement in tormenting my younger siblings in return without getting in trouble. When I got the best, sneakiest, most manipulative idea. I'm sure when it dawned on me I had a lovely, malicious, grinchy smile. Kind of like this only less green and more ginger.
Either way. I went to the store and bought a big bag of the king size twizzlers-you know-the ones that are about a foot long apiece? I knew when I got home with that candy my darling baby sisters and brother would beg and torment me for my candy. As they surely did. I proposed a deal to all of them. If the would let me SMACK them with the twizzler they could then have said twizzler and go about their merry way. All of them accepted this proposal. I proceeded to take out twizzlers one by one and wail on the youngers with them like a whip. For each whack they received in return one (1) twizzler.

My parents later asked why they all had welts. I explained the deal and my parents (while very confused) shrugged it off and said "well they agreed to it".

And that is the story of my twizzler torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment