Friday, July 27, 2012

Some explaining is in order.

Agonizing approbation. Are you curious about that? Does the name tantalize your curiosity? I hope so, if not perhaps you should look elsewhere. No.... I'm joking, please stay and read on!

If explanation is indeed necessary the simplest way to rephrase the title is "Extremely Painful Praise". Why? Why would anyone name a blog something that takes a positive and makes it reminiscent of negative? Or downright negative depending on the type of person you are....


Anyway, the purpose is because of an observation I have made; praise is awkward! Some people like it too much, some people like it not at all. Some people don't know how to take it and some do not know how to give it.

More likely than not, this whole blog will be my random meanderings in my own thoughts and experiences. I don't have visions of grandeur, I doubt I will reach the meme status of Hyperbole and a Half, but some mild recognition would be nice.

So first about myself that you may have a bit of a grasp on what is to come. I am completely random and very probably mentally handicapped, but that means (like many), I am kind of predictable and I like to think I am a genius. I am absolutely addicted to emoticons. Why do I love these random assorted lines and symbols that are meant to resemble faces? I have no idea.


Unlike some people I have no problems giving compliments-as a matter of fact-I sometimes have no filter between my thoughts and the words that come out of my mouth. Now that the introduction is out of the way I will give you an experience I had some time ago, and hopefully it convinces you to follow my future posts just to see what kind of genius comedy might be found in my stupidity.

Some time ago, I think in 2007 or '08 I had the joy of working at a Wal-Mart. I was redlining. Which meant I was standing at the end of my lane, staring off into space and smiling like a mindless drone while my brain went to more interesting places. I came back to myself when I saw a man walking through the store who looked just like the paintings of white Jesus (I'll explain the reason I clarify white Jesus at some later date). Anyway, I felt my face explode into a huge smile because to me it was hilarious to witness Jesus walking around in Wal-Mart. My face probably literally looked Like this :D. Well, I suppose he saw my smile and thought "Oh well there is a genuine looking smile! I think I'll go to this register." He placed his purchases on the conveyor belt and I opened my mouth to say "Hello Sir" or some such menial conversation. Instead I said "HI JESUS!" Of course I was startled by this, but what made it so much better was the man laughed. Heartily. He told me he "actually got that a lot". Cool.

Maybe since he's cool Jesus I should add some shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment