Friday, August 10, 2012

Spam. How I hate thee.

I hate checking my spam folder. Sometimes I have to, just to make sure something important didn't accidentally get stuck in the spam folder. *Sigh* So I was checking that today and thought I might share a picture and an analysis with you.


Let's start with the first fact: volume. Do you see I have 93 pieces of junk e-mail? I emptied this the day before yesterday when there was over 2000 because I don't remember when I emptied it before that.

Let's move on to the highlighted sections.

Yellow: Social Security Disability. Who is this directed at, might I ask? Do they assume all people dumb enough to fall for scams are old? :| From what I understand at 26, I won't be getting social security anyway so this one is irrelevant. Barring some horrible accident, I won't be getting disability any time soon either.

Pink: ONLINE INCOME! Holy Cow! I need to get in on this! However, if you look up in my bookmarks bar you see a tab that says "Virtualassistantjo.." Yea. That's a link to a website I use in my effort to find online jobs. Over the past month I've probably put in 100 application through there. I'm not having much success with this. By the way, if you happen to be looking for someone to work for you online shoot me an e-mail.

Kind of bums me out really, it's hard trying to do school and go somewhere for work and still manage time for a blog and other interwebby things.

Blue: Free Sandwich! Sign me up! Seriously though, I love to eat, if this wouldn't give my computer tech-AIDS I would legitimately consider clicking on this email. Free food = no complaints. Really though, who falls for this?

Green: I wonder about the stability of a website that sends out spam emails. This is shot-gunning spam too. A high ratio of people are Christian but what about people that aren't? I want to sign up for it and just make a profile that says I worship Satan. It's a form of Christianity because Satan is in Christian religion. Can you imagine the "About Me" section I could create?

About Me for Samantha the Satanist:

Hi, I'm a Satanist, but I get along with everyone, well, actually I kind of ignore everyone. I pretty much do my own thing and thought since I keep getting e-mails from here I would sign up. Satanism is a form of Christianity you know. I like to read, have Satanic Cult meetings, and write poetry. I'm ideally looking for other Satanists, but as long as you don't pressure me for anything and we can still have sex I'm cool with it.

Orange: Unless my mother lied to me when I was a kid I was born with the wrong equipment for this. I guess with this kind of stuff you have a 50/50 chance of reaching your target audience. 0.0

~End Rant~

No comments:

Post a Comment