Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Smoking commercials: An analysis on why the media is selling cigarettes to our youth

Have you seen any of those no smoking commercials? They had some with people making huge conglomerated masses of themselves and then falling to the ground and playing dead, monkey's packing cigarettes, and the latest ploys... they have people with amputated limbs, immobility issues, and tracheotomy holes with strange voices.

Maybe I was a really strange little kid but if we had those commercials when I was little they would have only served to encourage me to smoke.

In my tiny child brain it would not have been health problems. To my child brain these things would have been thought of like this:

  See how the media is mistaken? The message is clear to adults and even older children but these commercials are not discouraging. Had I been a child and seen this commercials my child-logic would have encouraged me to begin smoking much younger. Congratulations television, you are convincing millions of little boys and girls to pick up smoking because your commercials make them cool. Nice going.

P.S. 
This is called satire if you can't tell on your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment